AFL OTDR Features:
- Large Touch-Screen Display up to 6.5 inch
- TruEvent™ advanced event analysis
- Dynamic Range up to 44dB for long haul link testing
- >8 hours battery life
- Inspection capable with DFS1 Digital FiberScope
- Front Panel and First Connector Check ensures accurate measurments
- Automatic Pass/Fail Analysis
- Integrated Optical Power Meter and Visual Fault Locator
- Live fiber detection prevents damage to network equipment
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 testing and reporting of SM and MM networks
- Test and certify campus & central office networks
- Inspect fiber endfaces using DFS1 Digital FiberScope
- Test Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) fiber infrastructure
- Visually locate bend/break location
- Real-Time OTDR – fault location and splice verification
- Create standards compliant acceptance reports with TRM 2.0
- Compact M710 OTDRs combine industry leading event analysis (TruEvent Technology) with ease of use (LinkMap), in a rugged, hand held package. Offering both Quad and single-mode models and dynamic range up to 44dB, M710 OTDRs are ideal for testing and troubleshooting LAN/WAN, metro, and long haul networks.
The M710 features AFL’s TruEvent™ Technology, allowing users to confidently determine where losses meet or exceed network specifications. TruEvent advanced event analysis software more accurately detects, locates and measures network events such as splices, connectors, breaks and macro-bends. Results are easy to read and understand with the M710’s visual result display LinkMap.
The M710 comes standard with integrated Source, Power Meter and VFL, and is inspection ready with the DFS1 connector inspection probe. No surprise ‘add-on’ charges for these commonly needed support functions.
Features and Benefits:
Industry Leading TruEvent™ Technology –
Provides a new level of accuracy and reliability in event analysis.
Short dead zones – to validate and troubleshoot networks
- Event Dead Zones 0.8m
- Attenuation Dead-zones < 4 m
Superior Dynamic Range – Higher dynamic range means you can test short networks with narrower pulse widths (better resolution), as well as test longer networks. Up to 44 dB, the OTDR can handle from complex LAN network to 220km Long Haul network.
Easy to read results with LinkMap™ – LinkMap with Pass/Fail simplifies network troubleshooting and enables even novice users to easily and accurately troubleshoot optical networks.
Built-in Optical Power Meter (OPM), Visual Fault Locator (VFL), and Inspection ready – all in one to help you face fiber network testing challenges.
Bright 6.5’ Color Display with Long Laster Battery -.
International Language Support – User interface available in English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish and Turkish
Data Storage and Reporting Capabilities (TRM™ 2.0) – Acceptance reports generated using TRM 2.0 can include OTDR traces with summary and event information, pass/fail indication, event maps, loss/power measurement tables and end-face images.
Macro/Microbend detection – The detection helps technicians identify installation problems. Excessive bends or stress on fibers will show up as increased attenuation at higher wavelengths. These bends or stresses are indicated on the Event Table with a special icon.
Bi-directional trace analysis — OTDR splice measurements on networks containing different fiber type may result in ‘gainer’ and excess loss splices where mismatched fibers are spliced. More accurate splice loss measurements are obtained by averaging OTDR traces obtained in each direction. M710 Advanced Analysis option integrates bi-directional averaging within the OTDR.
The M710 family is offered in four models (see data sheet for ordering information):
Model Wavelength (nm) Dynamic Range (dB) EDZ/ADZ (m/m) M710-20 1310/1550 40/38 0.8/4 M710-21 1310/1550/1625 40/38/38 0.8/4 M710-40 1310/1550 44/42 0.8/4 M710-24 850/1300/1310/1550 24/24/39/37 0.8/4
- M710 Datasheet