- VANGUARD petrol engine with 18 HP (13.5 kW)
- with electric start
- engine control management which switches the engine off in case of low engine oil
- hand-held 20 ltr (5 gal) petrol tank
- reliable oil cooler with large cooling capacity
- even tropical or desert operation possible
- The VANGUARD Power Pack MJ 1400 is designed clearly. Each component can be easily reached. Service and maintenance are easy.
- The VANGUARD Power Pack MJ 1400 can be manoeuvred easily manually. The central lifting eye allows fast lifting.
- The displacement pump produces 40 ltr/min (11 gpm) hydraulic oil at a maximum pressure of 175 bar (2’540 psi).
- 2 HONDA petrol engines with total 10 kW (13.5 HP), with manual rope starter
- HONDA petrol engine no.1 drives the mixing pump (4 kW/5.5 HP)
- HONDA petrol engine no. 2 drives the FMC drilling fluid pump
(6 kW/8 HP)
- With separate 1‘100 ltr (290 gal) tank
- For Bentonite or Ejactomer
- The mixing pump may pump water from rivers, lakes, to fill the tank.
- With injector (venturi jet)
- Bentonite or Ejactomer is pumped with the suction hose or filled into the funnel
- Maximum drilling fluid volume: 34 l/min (9 gpm)
- Max. drilling pressure: 55 bar (800 psi)
- For surface launch
- Entry angle adjustable between 0°- 45°
- With two anchoring plates
- The anchoring plates are adjustable in every longitudinal position
- For TERRA MINI-JET MJ 1400 and MJ 1600
- Weight: 132 kg (290 lbs)
- Dimensions: L=1.25 m, W=1.18 m (L=50″, W=46.5″)
- optional for all TERRA MINI-JET MJ 1400 and MJ 1600
- can be connected to the arm of an excavator or an mini excavator
- allows very fast installation of the HDD machine in the pit
- the MINI-JET may be driven by the hydraulics of the excavator
- the excavator frame is slid onto the TERRA MINI-JET and connected easily
- rotates 360° by a hydraulic motor
- the TERRA MINI-JET is fixed in the pit by 2 hydraulic cylinders
- dimensions: L x W x H = 1.20 m x 0.71 m x 1.75 m (3.96 x 2.13 x 5.78 ft)
- weight: 240 kg (530 lbs)
Technical Data * Depending on ground conditions
** Depending on drill rod size
Technical specifications can be changed without previous notice.
pullback force6 to (60 kN)13’200 lbs (6.6 US tons) thrust force6 to (60 kN)13’200 lbs (6.6 US tons) driving power15 kW (20 PS)15 kW (20 HP) torque, 1st speed1400 Nm1032 ft.lbs torque, 2nd speed–– drill rod rotation speed, 1st speed110 U/min110 r.p.m drill rod rotation speed, 2nd speed–– drilling fluid volume34 l/min9 gpm maximum drilling fluid pressure55 bar800 psi noise emission at operators ear– pilot bore diameterø 60 – 100 mmØ 2.4″ – 4″ maximum backream diameter*ø 260 mmØ 10″ maximum drilling length *50 m165 ft drill rods, length0.5 m1.65 ft drill rods, diameterø 30/40 mmØ 1.2″ / 1.6″ minimum turning radius**15 m50 ft Dimensions pit cradle LxWxH1.11 x 0.60 x 1.15 m3.66 x 2.0 x 3.8 ft weight of the pit cradle280 kg620 lbs