This Pentype VFL is specially designed for field personnel who need an efficient and
economical tool for fiber tracing, fiber routing and continuity checking in optical networks. It
finds breakpoints, poor connections, bending or cracking in fiber optic cables; and it can find
faults in an OTDR dead zone and is used for end-to-end visual fiber identification.
Maintenance in telecom, CATV
Test Lab of optical fibers
Fiber routing and continuity checking in optical networks
Other fiber optic measurements
1.Central wavelength: 650nm±10nm
2.Emitter type: FP-LD
3.Output power: 20mw
4.Laser Range: up to 20km
5.Operating temperature: -20°C to 60°C
6.Storage temperature: -40°C to 85°C
7.Pulse Frequency: Class 3Hz
8.Applicable fiber type: single mode or multi-mode.
9. Connector: 2.5mm FC/SC/ST universal connector
10.Continuous-wave or pulsed mode with constant output power
11.Drop-resistant and dust-proof design of laser head
12.Low battery warning.
Maintenance and Attentions:
1. Laser is harmful, so especially, you must protect your eyes. When the LD working, please
do not exposure eyes to laser.
2. Generally, the higher temperature, the shorter life of the LD. Avoiding high temperature
when you use it.
3. The head of fiber must be cleared up while the LED operates.
4. If don’t use this light source, please screw on the dust cap in case that the dust fall into.
5. Take out the batteries when you don’t use it.