- Extremely fast multi-fiber auto-analysis for datacom and telecom inspection applications
- Auto-focus and auto-centering for fast, easy inspection
- WiFi, Bluetooth, and USB connectivity
- IEC, IPC, AT&T, and user-defined auto-analysis
- Self-contained, tether-free, compact, hand-held inspection solution
- Keyless UPC & APC adapter tips work with both MPO-12 & MPO-16 connectors
- Available with adapter tips supporting all commonly used multi-fiber connector types
- Snout and adapter tip keys and slots eliminate loosening during normal operation
- Single fiber adapter tips for LC connectors and bulkheads (UPC & APC) also available
- Field replaceable NiMH battery lasts over six hours
FOCIS Lightning is a self-contained multi-fiber connector inspection probe with integrated screen. It is intended specifically for the inspection of multi-fiber connectors and bulkheads such MPO and MTP® including multi-row varieties. FOCIS Lightning can perform industry standard and user-defined end-face cleanliness analysis at a rate of about 1 second per fiber. Lightning stores connector-level and individual fiber images, analysis, overlays, and zone tables locally and provides both WiFi and Bluetooth wireless links. The AFL FOCIS app (iOS and Android) provides a comprehensive and user-friendly feature set as well as connectivity with AFL’s cloud-based aeRos® workflow automation platform.
Pass / fail results in seconds: With the press of a single button, FOCIS Lightning auto-focuses, captures, centers and analyzes the multi-fiber end-face image to industry standard and user-defined criteria.
Untethered operation: With rechargeable battery and integrated 2.4” TFT color LCD screen, FOCIS Lightning can be used independently.
Multi-fiber front-end adapter tips: Multi-fiber front-end adapter tips support single row and multi-row MT connector inspection for a wide range of patch cords and bulkhead-mounted connectors having either PC/UPC or APC polished end-faces. The probe snout includes a key which in combination with a slot on the adapter tips ensures that adapter tips never loosen during use, under any circumstances.
- Inspect multi-fiber connectors on bulkhead adapters and patch cords
- Optimal tool for data center optical network installation, turn-up, troubleshooting
- MPO/MTP multi-fiber multi-row connector inspection
- Critical fiber infrastructure performance assurance
- Maintenance of fiber connections at highest optical performance levels
- Verification that proper connector cleaning practices are being used
- MPO-XLR8™ mode provides compatibility with the FOCIS Flex mobile app and a conduit to the aeRos cloud-based workflow management platform