Quad Laser Source
The OLS4 from AFL is a hand-held, rugged, integrated two-port LED and LASER light source designed for performing insertion loss measurements on multimode or single-mode fiber optic links when used with an optical power meter. The LED and LASER outputs are stabilized to ensure accurate test results per current TIA/EIA requirements.
Equipped with industry standard 2 khz test tone, the OLS4 from AFL is an ideal tool to pair with an optical fiber identifier (OFI-200D) for use in fiber identification.
OLS4 Output Ports:
Faster Test Times with WaveID – In WaveID mode, the OLS4 encodes each wavelength with a unique WaveID code. When used with a power meter, the pair can send and receive two wavelengths each test – doubling testing efficiency – reducing test time!
- Multimode output port; 850/1300 nm LED output at CW, WaveID, or dual wavelength WaveID
- Single-mode output port; 1310/1550 nm LASER output at CW, WaveID, dual wavelength WaveID, or 2 kHz Tone
Flexible Output Connector Adapter DesignThe OLS4 output ports are equipped with UCI based removable adapters to allow the output connectors to be inspected and cleaned, while allowing field change of output style between FC, SC, ST, and LC connector adapters.
50 and 62.5 µm fiber mandrels IncludedMandrels condition test cable for use in certifying both 50 and 62.5 µm fiber links for current and planned high bit rate applications including Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet. Mandrels apply to launch jumpers is seconds without tools and ensure loss measurements comply with TIA/EIA-568-B standard.
Encircled Flux Compliance
International standards bodies established Encircled Flux (EF) guidelines (TIA-568-14-B and IEC 61280-1-4) to improve mulitmode fiber measurement repeatability by reducing loss measurement variation to within a target range of ± 10%.
EF Mode Conditioners attach to the output of your multimode source ensuring the “conditioned output” meets Encircled Flux specifications. Compliance requires matching the output fiber size to the network fiber under test. AFL offers both 50 µm and 62.5 µm EF Mode Conditioners. See below for list of fiber and connector combinations available.
- Encircled Flux Compliant – with optional mode conditioner
- 5-Year Product Warranty
- Integrated LED and Laser light source
- 2 kHz Tone for use in Fiber tracing / locating
- 50µm and 62.5µm mandrels included
- Certify multimode and single-mode links per TIA/EIA standards
- Certify Multimode fiber links for Gigabit Ethernet (GBE
- Test Ethernet, Token Ring, and FDDI fiber networks
- Fiber identification prior to splicing (with OFI-200D).
- MM Optical Port Wavelengths: 850 and 1300 nm
- MM Output Power: > -20 dBm, 62.5 µm multimode
- SM Optical Port Wavelengths: 1310 and 1550 nm
- SM Output Power: 0 dBm, 9 µm single-mode
- Output connector: FC, SC, ST, LC switchable (One style supplied with unit, order others separately)
- Battery: 2 x AA Alkaline, optional AC adapter