RF marker locator with automatic depth measurement
- Radiodetection’s TruDepth, provides fast and accurate automatic marker depth estimation, when the locator is in close proximity to the marker. This does not require a manual two-step ‘lift up’ process which can induce errors and lead to slower surveys.
- Combined mode allows users to simultaneously scan for cable, pipes and RF markers reducing surveying time.
- Detects all commonly used RF utilities markers enabling use across multiple industries.
Bluetooth Connectivity and GPS
- Bluetooth connectivity is standard on all new marker locators. This allows the locators to interface to external devices for easy transfer of survey data directly into maps and databases.
- Optional integrated GPS option for RD8000 models, enables association of survey data with positional data without the need to carry external equipment. The RD Manager PC software allows easy transfer of the locator’s survey data directly into common file formats such as KML for Google.
Automatic data logging and CALSafe
- Integral data logging system, records up to 1 year typical usage of significant locate parameters every second, including positional data on RD8000 GPS models. Data can be used to provide historical records of the instrument’s use, proof of work records and to assist in identifying training and development needs.
- Data can be backed up onto a PC, giving virtually unlimited record-keeping for the life of the product.
- All marker locator models that feature data logging or GPS provide a convenient 30-day service countdown reminder. CALSafe, a user selectable feature, can be enabled to enforce a recall for service and calibration by disabling the unit after this date.
Familiar Radiodetection operation and compatibility
- Screen and operations common to Radiodetection’s Precision Locators minimizing changes in working practice and re-trainin needs. eds.
- Compatible with all RD7000+ and RD8000 accessories and transmitters ( some RD8000PTLM frequencies require the use of a Tx10B transmitter) simplifies adoption.
Ergonomic design with built in rechargeable batteries
- Light weight (less than 5lbs / 2.3kg including batteries) and ergonomic design allow prolonged usage.
- High contrast screen and weatherproof (IP54) construction for operation in almost any environment.
- Built-in Li-Ion rechargeable batteries as standard, for extended battery life and cost effective operationt.